Saturday, January 10, 2009

Penguin Week


(Painting Baby Penguin)

(Tacky and Baby Penguin)

In the new year, I am attempting to have a theme a week for Noah. He just needs some entertainment and focus, and we watch too much TV. This week we tried to talk about penguins.

Books we read: Tacky the Penguin, Tackilocks, Three Cheers for Tacky, Penguin, and Penguin Pup for Pinkerton.

Movie we watched: Happy Feet

Crafts: We made a penguin using a toliet paper roll. I found a worksheet for making a toilet roll penguin. My penguin (the nicer one) is named Tacky and Noah's is named Baby.

Another craft I am hoping to get to - maybe tomorrow - is creating a marshmallow kingdom for the penguins. I bought big and little marshmallows and the plan is to glue them and build a kingdom on top of a cardboard covered with aluminum foil. Sounds fun.

He's into frogs this week. I'm thinking of find some frog crafts for next week.

Eli watches us or sleeps. Some day he'll join in the fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Noah did a great job with his penguins. I will try and find a frog craft for you. I know I did a lot of them for storyhour. I'll send you a web-site to check out later. ~Mommy