Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Poker

We went and played Texas Holdem at Fado's last night. Kyle made it all the way to the top 10, and actually was out as ten. He lost on some lucky last card that made the other guy have 3 of a kind. It was boggus.

I was the second person out at the table we started at.

Suzanne is visiting from California, she attends what she calls a clown school there. We met during a play this past summer, The Two Gentleman of Verona. She's one crazy cat.

Anyway, she was also very close to going out of the game when she pulled some moves to get out of the hole. She also lost to a guy getting a lucky 3 of a kind, and she had pocket Aces. That was so crazy!!!

I'm still trying to figure poker out. There some strategy behind betting that I still don't get.

Poker night for the first time was surreal. Geez, there was sooo much smoking, it was disgusting.

Cheers to Kyle and Suzanne! Maybe next time Kyle can win us one of those gift certificates for 1st-3rd place.

OH, and I lost online scrabble to my brother Larry, and he's illiterate, what's up with that? He won with words like ga, goons, and crap crap crap...J/K, he's improved and now I must smush him in our next literati game.

A day of lose for me, yet still a whole heck of fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara & Kyle from the folks in McAllen!

Are these pictures with your new camera? It's giving
me clear shots if they are. Happy that you are enjoying it. Did Santa do alright on all the other gifts? I didn't hear any commets. They were all small gifts but it was the thought that counts. Know that the greatest gift I included for all my kids is the love I have for each and everyone one of them. this love is a gift of equal value and worth a fortune to me. Receive this high quality gift and embrace it in your hearts forever. It has much worth then any material things in life to me. Love you all very much! I hope you have a HAPPY NEW YEAR! We will be celebrating
Mariana's birthday on New Year's Eve. Can't believe she is turning 25. She and Jesse will be heading out to Ohio on New Year's Day. I think she is returning back on the day of my birthday ,Jan.9th. I took pictures of our snow and whenever I get the pictures developed I will send you copies. Take it easy. Love ~Mommy