Saturday, August 07, 2004

Very Full

I'm very full right now. I ate at a bunch of good restaurants today in Round Top. Kyle says I should be honest and say I only ate two meals. I feel like I ate all day.

Napoleon Dynamite is a new hero of mine. The man is stuck in the 80s. The character, Pedro, also deserves much applause for his role. Yes, he displays stereotypical Latino qualities, alas I am still happy to see people of color in films, even if he uses his thug-esque brothers to help him when an election. Check out the movie, lots of funny moments. Made me regret not ever getting Glamour Shots when I was in junior high.

http://sundance.weblogsinc.com/entry/3463694269313459/

We have decided to go see Manchurian Canidate tonight. I'm looking forward to it, I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Other than seeing Shakespeare plays the past two days, haven't done much more than that. I was able to meet up with lots of old friends, which was very nice. The Super 8 in Giddings treated Kyle and I great. I did make him trick them by telling him he was staying the night by himself.

The anxiety nightmares about the new school year have begun. Last night, I dreamt I had to teach a class with 30 students, I had two classrooms, and no materials to teach them with.

I talked with an ex-winedale friend of mine today. She is teaching in New York. She said, "Yay, the school flunked all the 7th graders." Supposedly, the little darlings were so horrible, they managed to break 10 teachers. I can honestly say, the school I teach at is not that bad. I'm hopeful.

2 more days till workshops
8 more till the students return

No comments: