Thursday, August 12, 2004

Nissan's Dead

Kyle's Nissan truck died today. It needs a new engine that costs $1100. Rather than continue servicing an old truck, we now, most definitely need to buy a new car asap.

Today we went through that wonderful process of trying to apply. We'll hear back tomorrow to see if it will work out.

Austin had the best weather today, a cold front came in and it felt like spring! I could not believe it. Beautiful day!

And I'm feeling less stressed about the first day. The atmosphere amongst the staff at the school where I work is really positive at the moment. Everyone wants to support these kids and make the school a better place. There's good energy going on, and I'm hoping it's not just the concept of a fresh start, but a deeper transition that is occuring. I'm feeling good about the first day, at least right now.

I heard the U.S. has a new poet laureate - Ted Kooser. I heard him read a poem on NPR, you can hear it at http://www.npr.org/display_pages/features/feature_3848265.html?place=home02. Sounds like it might be some good work, I mean he is the poet laureate...duh! I intend to check it out.

And now I know how to spell laureate...whoohoo!!

No comments: