Monday, September 27, 2004

Not Bad for a Monday

My worst class today really surprised me. They actually wanted to read a play about Cesar Chavez. I had kids really eager to play roles. I was quite shocked. And they read for the whole class period. Yes!!! They did.

One of my students ( a gringo) played Cesar Chavez. He was really funny, put a lot character into it. Imagine: a border town gangster, with their plaid shirt buttoned at the top, and a bandana on their head. Remeber what they sound like...que paso weigh (sp?)...well that's sort of what he sounded like. I wasn't offended, because it was too cute and funny.

This is the class magazine we were using...

http://teacher.scholastic.com/products/classmags/action.htm

good for the level of kids I teach. It's also cool cuz it has people the kids seem interested in, like the next issue has Will Smith on the cover.
Now my worst student was absent (just throws the whole class off). I'm hopeful this will happen again, the reading as a class, although I don't know. If spawn of satan returns, well...the class reading out loud might not work so well.


I also finished a bunch of boring repeatative paperwork...Go ME!


No comments: