Sunday, March 08, 2009

Bagel Fest

Runnin' the race.
Race Ribbon

Noah completed his first kids 1k today. We weren't sure if we should have gone or not because we woke up at 7:05 and the race was at 8:00. Luckily we got our act together in about 20 minutes and made it - sorta.

I say sorta because when we got there he had to go potty and I had to stand in the organized chaos line to pick up his run number. So while we were pinning on his race number the kids buzzer went off, and well we were about 5 minutes behind all the kids.

Noah was the last runner. This might have worked in his favor because everyone made a big deal about "the last kid runner." They race coordinators were talking on the walk-e-talkies to start cheering for Noah and make a big deal. He got many cheers as we were coming down the home stretch, which seemed to pump him up. I should have brought my video camera. I was laughing because of the amount of attention we were getting for coming in last place. How often does that happen?

Anyways, I hope he keeps running, and making him the super star who finishes last place is good motivation to keep him running. He got a ribbon too.

The HEB buddy shopping bag might have been faster than us, but that's no matter! Gotta start somewhere.

2 comments:

Maverick Anthony said...

Way to go Noah! I bet the kid in first place didn't get so much attention. Keep on running Noah, we will be proud no matter what first, middle, or even last!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for my Noah! I am so proud of him. This brought tears to my eyes. Keep him active and involved. He finished, that's what counts. A big hug to Noah! ~MiMi