Wednesday, June 21, 2006

4 Months old

And 4 months old, means another doctor's appointment and more shots - ewww! But he did a good job, and is now weighing in at a whopping 18 pounds, 13 ounces. Which means he's above the hundred percentile. But he's also 26 inches long, with a head circumference of 17 inches so that makes him mostly proportional.

Aww tiping the scale again.

While we waited, he did some deep sea exploring, I'm glad he was appropriately dressed.
Our little boy is getting so big!!! More shots at 6 months, he is not going to be a fan of the doctor's office. He was very suspicious today of the lady who was checking him out. Here's some of what out little guy can and can't do yet.

What is it like to be 4 months old?

How I grow

  • I turn my head in all directions.
  • I lift my head forward when I'm on my back and grab my feet with my hands. ( not real good at this one)
  • I sit up for about 15 minutes with my head and back straight if you support my body.
  • I prefer sitting instead of lying down. It's more interesting. (yeah, he's a couch potato, perhaps my fault, I watch too much Dr. Phil and Oprah)
  • I roll from my back to my side, but sometimes, I get my hand caught under my stomach. (Noah's not really doing this one yet, we figure it's because his body is so big and he has more weight to try to manage)
  • I stretch my legs out straight when I'm on my back or my stomach.
  • I can reach for and grab a toy if it is close enough.
  • I put things in my mouth.
  • I splash and kick with my hands and feet in the bath.

How I Talk

  • I babble and imitate sounds like coughing and clicking my tongue for long periods of time.
  • I coo, grin, or squeal with joy when you talk to me.

How I respond

  • I love to see myself in the mirror.
  • I'm fascinated with my hands.
  • I like some people and am shy or scared of others. (he's a real people person, and quite a flirt)
  • I may have one favorite toy or blanket. (yup that would be Bluebonnet the dog or any of his frog stuffed animals. We got a new one that talks about feelings)
  • Our guy is also becoming facinated with his feet and toes, can't quite make them to his mouth though. He likes to stare at them, perhaps posing a plan in his head to lift them up.

How I Understand

  • I can remember things for about 5 seconds.
  • I know if something is near or far.
  • I'm aware of depth and distance.

How I Feel

  • I get excited when I'm having fun. Everything is a game to me. (yup, when it's time to go to bed, he thinks Daddy is playing with him, so he starts laughing and kicking)
  • I cry and get upset when you stop paying attention to me or take a toy away (just the other day we tried to take a piece of paper he was playing with away from him and he whined about that till we gave it back)
  • Add cranky to the list, because of those teeth that are trying to pop out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 4 month to Noah,
Happy 4 month to Noah.
Happy 4 month dear Noah.
Happy 4 month to you!

THANKS FOR THE PICTURES! My Noah is looking beautiful, but grandmommy would sure love to hug him and hold him.

Happy you are all moved in. Love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

That baby could use some weight watchers or some slim lite. Look into it.

Anonymous said...

where are your wedding photos you punk!!!!!!??????