Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mono


Isn't this little mono cute? I think that's spanish slang for little doll or something. It's just so ingrained in me I don't know what it means, other than we used to call little dolls mono (moeno), at least I think. My memory is becoming crap. I looked it up in the spanish dictionary and apparently a mono is an ape, boiler suit, jumpsuit, or monkey. Am I wrong on this mono thing? Monitos - anyone? As usually avoiding real work and the baby and I are practicing typing.


***don't know where the mono went, and i don't remember which website i got it from, but dang it was cute! - oh well! 6/21/06

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mono was used when you were young referring to pretty cute in reference to figurines. Charlie called his G.I Joes'monitos. You called your strawberry shortcake dolls monitas, meaning little dolls. I recall Eddie Canales teaching you this because he always brought his monitos over to play. He would always say, "Let's play with our monitos."

Anonymous said...

Another P.S. Can't forget my little cute monito Noah. Give him a big hug and kiss from Grams